With the freezing winter on its way out, homeowners in the Snohomish area are turning their thoughts to something fresh and new for spring and wondering how to improve their home’s appeal. If you’ve been dreaming about a home improvement project, then spring is the right time to tackle it.
The thing is, if you don’t know where to begin, how do choose which projects to start with?
Decide What Your Home Needs Most
The best place to start the process is by carefully evaluating your home’s current condition.
We at Asset Roofing have put together a guide for choosing spring renovation projects. This will help you in identifying areas of your home that may need addressing.
1. Inspect the Roof
Your tiles and shingles may be cracked, weakened or perhaps missing due to the ice, hail, heavy snow and windy weather. To avoid costly moisture leaks and damage, they need to be repaired as soon possible.
How to inspect:
- Walking around your home, scrutinize your roof from all angles.
- Look for tiles that have lifted, missing tiles or anything unusual.
- Be sure to check the flashing. That’s the metal sheets covering joints.
- Remove debris and branches from your rooftop.
- Have a roofing contractor give your roof a professional inspection.
2. Repair and Clean Gutters
Debris from dead leaves, fallen branches, ice and mud can accumulate in the gutters. Gutters that are clogged, loosened, or cracked can obstruct the melting snow, ice, and rainwater from draining properly, away from the roof and foundation of your home, and causing potential water damage.
What to do:
- Check gutters for areas where they are sagging, loose, cracked, or clogged.
- Remove any debris.
- Where needed, replace gutter guards, old and cracked gutters, downspouts, and gutter runs.
- Reattach any loose gutters.
3. Wash and Repair Siding
Home siding can be damaged, or look dingy if it accumulates dirt, dust, pollen and other debris. Spring is an excellent time for any siding repairs needed or for replacing the entire siding if necessary.
What to do:
- Examine the siding for dents, cracks, loose parts, rust, mold, mildew and signs of water damage.
- Remove any mildew or mold.
- Use a garden hose to wash off dirt and dust.
- If you see signs of damage, contact a professional siding contractor.
Make Your Snohomish Home Stand Out with Exterior Remodeling
You can boost the value, security, beauty and durability of your home with an exterior remodeling project that has been done well. A home that looks stunning makes homeowners happy to come home after a busy day.
Our friendly professional team at Asset Roofing in Snohomish are here to help, whether you have questions about your home exterior, or you need a new siding, roof replacement, gutter repairs, or other exterior needs. Just give us a call to schedule a consultation and a free quote.